Bikepack the Gats
Bikepack the Gats is a challenging bikepacking route through the Gatineau Park. This is not an easy trail bike ride. There is plenty of single-track mixed in with with flowing double-track, water crossings and hiking trails and some serious hike-a-bike.
This is not meant to be an easy ride. It’s not a gravel bike ride with a bit of single-track. It’s a lot of MTB routes with some gravel mixed in. It’s meant to challenge you physically and mentally. If you are new to bikepacking, I recommend you try smaller sections of this ride before attempting the whole thing.
- Gatineau Park: Riding through Gatineau Park is always a please. Being in a provincial park so close to the nation’s capital is a fun way to spend a couple days.
- Single-track: Getting off the bigger trails and onto some of the single-track will challenge every mountain biker out there.
- Double-track: Steep climbs and flowing descents take the rider on some of the best trails in the park.
- Hike-a-bike: Hitting the trails near the fire-tower, will take you on some challenging hiking trails. At km 70 you will hit a massive hike-a-bike as you get up the escarpment.
- Viewpoints: Check out the Champlain and Étienne-Brûlé Lookouts for some fantastic views of the mighty Ottawa River and all the farmland that grows along it’s banks.